NOT A SHRED OF FLESH!

A childhood acquaintance of mine proposes

Nay, implies a separation of convenience

He reveals to me lately, how his heart gets drawn

And his mind is swooped by a scavenger of pawn.

Into some new awakening of sorts.

His eyes speak, his nose snorts

His heart beats for the mercenary narcissist.

 

Glacial were the days, when I lost my buddy

Indoctrination was so cruddy, braving towards the bloody

Stop friend! Think friend! Wait friend! I won’t flee

If you went to the trouble, I’d end up in Lee

Or maybe the city morgue, never accorded an orgue

The killing of a buddy by a buddy, a sad smorg

Traitorous, callous, ruthless, a death of two souls.

 

I won’t take flight, from a friend’s fright.

I shall endure bravely, the sword of adversary

But a boon companion, whose pudenda I have won!

From whom I have lent and borrowed?

Whose daughter, my son might falter for?

My childhood buddy, my teenage rascal, my adult theologian.

Should we fall out, over an avaricious self-seeking rascal?   

 

Dear neighbour, there is a hopeless miscreant

Roaming my courtyard nightly, a song bird in high note!

A wave of a knave, who’ll vanish upon gratification

Dear neighbour, I pay no heed to him,

Hear them, the broker votes, enticing our whims

Dear neighbour, we are not shedding a lozenge of blood

Nor a shred of flesh for a self-seeking blackguard  

Who shall never care to know your door post like I do.


+254726179789 

essyjeru@gmail.com 

Comments

  1. Well done Sr. Esther. Very true.
    Praying for God's divine peace before, during and after the election 🙏🙏🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Essy

      Delete
    2. Hello Sr. Esther, thanks for this beautiful piece, lets keep praying for peace, as we come close election day. Keep spreading peace.

      Delete
  2. Amazing 👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice let spread 👍 it

    ReplyDelete
  4. A well packaged message of the moment...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CALL POLICE!

BESTIE LET ME TELL YOU!

BESTIE, IF THERE WAS A FATHER