WHEN I FELL IN LOVE

By Esther Jeruto Koros

My dear mere girl, my mother sounding mean             

If you go seeking pebbles, you will never get enough

So, pick them huge, pick them rough

Scour them clean, until they gleam

And make your castle, the world to puzzle

 

My dear mere girl, my mother sounding deep

When silence disquiets, don’t be lured by the loud

Pay heed to the quiet, that lets on the ghosts 

Lift the dense rock, expose the hideous rot

For today’s museums, ensue from former scars

 

My dear mere girl, my mother sounding sanguine

The segments that you are, for which you are insomniac

Get the audacity to glue, holding each chunk to brew 

The greatest goddesses subsisting, clawed deep into the mist 

For embracing the shreds, is the journey to wholeness 

 

Thus grew a woman, not just a mere girl

Delightfully content, in the castle of her skin

 Loving the shreds, hitherto her dreads

Now ghosts are named, and skeletons fully fleshed

Wholeness visited, stayed. I fell in love with me!

 © July 2020


Comments

  1. Wooooow. I'm loving your poems

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feminine taste with a strong message, Pongezi sana.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice piece cousin.You're poems are 👌.Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gift of poetry writing is in and with you. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice poem there keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like this . congratulations my mentor

    ReplyDelete
  7. Waaauh, very touching. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A smart one again! Keep it up my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done, Sr. Esther. God bless

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!
    Just like the mustard seed, this gift is becoming a great tree!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The art is your potion, you have the words and so the flow, how I wish you would come to the current situation of the needs of the African society so that numerous young people can be enlightened through these poems. Thanks Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The art is your potion, you have the words and so the flow, how I wish you would come to the current situation of the needs of the African society so that numerous young people can be enlightened through these poems. Thanks Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The art is your potion, you have the words and so the flow, how I wish you would come to the current situation of the needs of the African society so that numerous young people can be enlightened through these poems. Thanks Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The art is your potion, you have the words and so the flow, how I wish you would come to the current situation of the needs of the African society so that numerous young people can be enlightened through these poems. Thanks Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The art is your potion, you have the words and so the flow, how I wish you would come to the current situation of the needs of the African society so that numerous young people can be enlightened through these poems. Thanks Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful piece strong message there

    ReplyDelete
  17. Piece worth re-reading..
    Nice job

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CALL POLICE!

BESTIE LET ME TELL YOU!

BESTIE, IF THERE WAS A FATHER