WOMAN DREAMS

By Sr. Esther Jeruto Koros 

The world is limiting in ways innumerable,

A woman won’t do things because she is veritably improbable.  

But the limitation mmhh! Stops outside my door.

You should see, in the fertility of my dreams,

How limitless I get, I break the banks and flood the world.

I speak freedom to my soul, only in my dream.

Woman dreams….

 

In my dreams I have seen heaven,

Didn’t need keys, didn’t need to knock doors.

Didn’t need introductions and protocols

What’s the need for doors and security and check ins?

I only floated fleetingly, feeding my soul,

 Junks and junks of hope fulfilled; streets of gold in Jesus’ enclave.

Paradise is what it is, only in my dreams.

Woman dreams….

 

In my dreams I met my icons,

There was Oprah saying ‘hello’ and Chimamanda rewriting history,

Pope Francis spelling heaven,

Beyond glances, went the encounter, trampling on impossibilities.

Cravings and aching have since been dulled.

I have broken my boundaries, only in my dreams.

Woman dreams….

 

In my dreams I have broken taboos,

I kissed my crush in a hush once

The man I married at the altar, never alters.

Broke into the cottage of my soul, held me hostage

The most agreeable of beings, I could tell He had been searching for me too,

Our covenant unphysical, united beyond death

Dreams do come true often, ahh me! in my dreams.

Woman dreams….

 

© December 2020

essyjeru@gmail.com

0726179789 

Comments

  1. Wow,what a nice piece. You a real poet ma'am. Love it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are the best in love with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece! In my dreams too, I have become a poet.
    Congratulations Sr.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You always write a great piece

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful poem, turning dreams of women folk into reality. Congratulations my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You get to become a better Poet with every Poem you write.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CALL POLICE!

BESTIE LET ME TELL YOU!

BESTIE, IF THERE WAS A FATHER