THINGS NOT TO THANK

 

I can’t begrudge you for luck, though you may seem lucky to many.

I instead hail the epitome of stoicism that you have built.

It is the real deal, the real legacy, the conquest of the flesh!

Choking off the indulgence of desire, and aha! You.

You are freedom made flesh! You are the unbroken, unbreakable record!

 

I can’t begrudge you for your childhood, though it may sound like it spoke to you.

I instead applaud the strand that stood out, that escaped excuses.

The refusal to be blown into the crowd of nothingness.

The attitude of all and everyone that murders the individual, iro Muren!

You are freedom made flesh! You are the unbroken, unbreakable record!

 

I can’t begrudge you your kindred, though now they shine through you.  

I instead commend your intellect, that subdued the brawny inclinations.

To sleep less and train more, to eat bland and to solid muscle grind.  

The profound ire that detests sloth, and uh! Man…

You are freedom made flesh! You are the unbroken, unbreakable record!

 

I can’t begrudge you your fame, causes obtrude eyes at times.

I instead venerate your unconquerable ability to remain humble, 

In the face of global triumph, and open admiration.

It shows your discovery of your real self, the who and not the what.

these are things to thank, beginning with the Maker

whose very image you bear.

 

I won't thank things and places and people and circumstances,

I will thank you for rewriting the destinies of many. 

I celebrate you, Mr. Kipchoge, the rare Gem of our generation.

The master of resilience, the unblinking star. 


By Sr. Esther Jeruto Koros 

0726179789 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALL POLICE!

BESTIE LET ME TELL YOU!

BESTIE, IF THERE WAS A FATHER