I HATE SNAILS

 


I hate snails.

I hate their fearlessness, their daring attitude

I hate their creepy tactics, the appearing clammy act.

I hate their magical subtlety, showing up in the least likely of places

I hate their affinity for wetness and their ingenious ability to nauseate.

I hate their audacity, their daring to ask to be stepped on, as if they have nothing to lose

I hate their swift slowness, their curious horns, their melancholic fright, their desperate rush.

I hate their ability to disgust, their ability to invade, their ability to leave trails of mucus, days later.

I hate their incredible patience, their ability to wait for months for the rains, to survive on moistures.

Wait, what if there was a snail in each one of us? Snoozing off the alarms for a little more sleep.

What if there was a snail, in each one of us? Living poor only to drown in plenty?

What if there was a snail in each one of us? Daring the odds of the day?

What if there was a snail in each one of us? Hating the crawling snails.

What if snails really spoke, ‘they’d say, hey!  no rush!’

Still, I hate snails.



By Sr. Esther Jeruto Koros OSF

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CALL POLICE!

BESTIE LET ME TELL YOU!

BESTIE, IF THERE WAS A FATHER