THE VOYAGE

He told me once,

A man had a voyage that his life depended on,

He also had a wife, newly bought, cattle a tone.

Who she had to leave behind, for a duration he knew not.

A sad farce, leaving a maiden lonely, felt a tight knot.

Ragging his head, he thought up a solution…. bingo!

He swiftly purchased a chastity belt, to secure his winkies… lingo!

‘None must tamper with my wife’s ding-dong while I am away.’

Under lock and key, his goodies were secured, he felt gay.

‘But what if harm befalls me on my voyage, shall my wife die childless?’

Ragging his head once again, he thought up a solution… genius!

On the hill yonder is a man older, a chaste aced pastor, very ingenious!

‘I will leave him the key, in case I die, the man yonder can sire her an heir.’

Obstacles removed, free as a barnacle, he headed to the port, free of ire.

‘One more look at my home land,’ he thought, dreadful of the unknown

Then he heard a loud yell, ‘Kino!’ he looked back, Bowne.

The man yonder, holding the key agitated.

‘You left the wrong key!’ he yelled.

The man yonder, is not all chaste after all.

Whatever might have happened to the voyage,

On which his life depended on?

He told me not.


By Sr. Esther Koros OSF 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CALL POLICE!

BESTIE LET ME TELL YOU!

BESTIE, IF THERE WAS A FATHER